If you would like to help with a RARS Public Service Event
Please fill out and submit the form below.
Your information will be emailed to the event coordinator.
Due to recent Spam attacks we now record some tracking information including your IP address.
Choose the event for which you would like to volunteer and complete the sign-
up form at the top of the page.
Please complete the form once for EACH event
that you are volunteering for. Thank you in advance!
It's also very helpful to indicate what type of
assignment you're interested in.
POSTED BELOW AS CONFIRMED - CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATED
Events you can sign up for now:
Virtual Only 2021 Eastern Region Odyssey of the Mind Tournament
March 6, 2021 - Saturday - Virtual!
This is typically an all-day event, starting at 7 AM and ending shortly after the last team competes in the late afternoon. ~20 hams are usually needed to staff this tournament.
* Location: Virtual only in 2021 due to COVID-19
* Ham Volunteer Coordinator: Brian Young (KA9QJT)
* Website: Odyssey of the Mind
* INFORMATION ONLY. NO NEED TO VOLUNTEER.
We're hopeful that the situation with COVID-19 improves, allowing some in person events later in 2021.
The most versatile pieces of equipment for working as a
ham volunteer during public service events are as follows:
* Dual band (144/440) 25 watt (min) mobile transceiver
* A 1/2-5/8 wave well grounded dual band mobile antenna
EXTRAS THAT ARE HELPFUL
* Dual Band (144/440) hand held transceiver
* Extra set of charged batteries
* Ear phones & speaker mic or boom mic/headphone set
* Higher gain antenna than the supplied rubber duck. For example Comet BN-24
or SMA-24 or Diamond RHF40 or SRH77CA. There are also many other hi-gain HT