Congrats to the RARS Field Day Team!
RARS finished in 3rd place in class 8A!
WELCOME TO THE 2019 HAM PUBLIC SERVICE EVENT SIGNUP PAGE.
To sign up, click on the Sign Up button that follows each description.
THE 2019 LIST OF PUBLIC SERVICE EVENTS WILL BE POSTED AS CONFIRMED.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.
Events you can signup for now:
The 2019 Ham Public Service season has ended.
Thank you to all the Hams that volunteered their time this year! 12 events were on the 2019 RARS/HPSNC calendars.
The season ended with the 2019 NCBC Fall Rally in Holly Springs on Sunday, Nov. 3rd (rain date).
An average of 10 Hams supported each event, resulting in over 920 person-hours of volunteer time, not including the preparation time provided by event coordinators and the cost of the equipment used. From the ARRL's perspective, that's over $17.5K in contribution we've provided to these 12 events.
The 2020 Ham Public Service season starts with the Eastern Region Odyssey of the Mind Tournament on Saturday, March 7th. Odyssey of the Mind will take place at Wakefield High School in North Raleigh! Signup information for this, as well as other events will appear here starting in January.
The most versatile pieces of equipment for working as a ham volunteer during public service events are as follows:
* Dual band (144/440) 25 watt (min) mobile transceiver
* A 1/2-5/8 wave well grounded dual band mobile antenna
EXTRAS THAT ARE HELPFUL
* Dual Band (144/440) hand held transceiver
* Extra set of charged batteries
* Ear phones & speaker mic or boom mic/headphone set
* Higher gain antenna than the supplied rubber duck. For example Comet BN-24 or SMA-24 or Diamond RHF40 or SRH77CA. There are also many other hi-gain HT antennas available.