If you would like to help with a RARS Public Service Event
Please fill out and submit the form below.
Your information will be emailed to the event coordinator.
Due to recent Spam attacks we now record some tracking information including your IP address.
Choose the event for which you would like to volunteer and complete the sign-up form at the top of the page.
Please complete the form ONCE FOR EACH EVENT that you are volunteering for. Thank you in advance for doing that!
It's also very helpful to indicate what type of assignment you're interested in (e.g., SAG, Rest Stop, etc.).
THE 2021 LIST OF PUBLIC SERVICE EVENTS IS TAKING SHAPE. SOME EVENTS ARE NOT CONFIRMED YET AND ARE LISTED FOR PLANNING PURPOSES. PLEASE CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATED
Unless marked as "Virtual or To be confirmed", here are the events you can sign up for today:
October 23, 2021 - Saturday - Hillsborough, NC
This event has 35, 62 and 100 mile routes and the proceeds benefit various local Bicycling-related charities. Additional Ham SAGS are needed.
* Location: 106 E. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough (near the Orange County Court House), NC 27278
* Ham Coordinator: Jeremy Lindsley (K2HJX)
* Website: BikeFest
* TO VOLUNTEER, FILL OUT THE FORM AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.
To participate in public service events, volunteers must have the following equipment:
* Dual band (144/440) 25 watt (min) mobile transceiver
* A 1/2-5/8 wave well-grounded dual band mobile antenna
* A working cell phone for calling 911 in case of emergencies.
* A reliable, long-lasting power source like a fully charged 12v battery with a capacity of at least 35 amp hours.
* If you are serving as a mobile ham support vehicle, a valid driversâ€™ license and a properly insured, reliable vehicle. If possible, the vehicle should be able to transport at least one person and one bicycle either with a bike rack or inside the vehicle.
Other helpful, but not required, equipment includes:
* A GPS/Mapping device (cell phone or other)
* Dual Band (144/440) hand held transceiver
* Extra set of charged batteries
* Ear phones & speaker mic or boom mic/headphone set
* Higher gain antenna than the supplied rubber duck. For example, the Comet BN-24 or SMA-24, the Diamond RHF40 or SRH77CA, or a similar high gain model.