Thanks for another great RARSfest.
RARSfest 2019 will be on April 20th.
If you would like to help with a RARS Public Service Event
Please fill out and submit the form below.
Your information will be emailed to the event coordinator.
Due to recent Spam attacks we now record some tracking information including your IP address.
WELCOME TO THE 2019 HAM PUBLIC SERVICE EVENT SIGNUP PAGE.
To sign up, click on the Sign Up button that follows each description.
THE 2019 LIST OF PUBLIC SERVICE EVENTS WILL BE POSTED AS CONFIRMED.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.
Events you can signup for now:
2019 Raven Rock Ramble
May 5, 2019 - Sunday - New Hill, NC
This bike event has multiple routes from 10 to 100 miles, requiring SAGS, as well as Hams assigned to Rest Stops. There will be approximately 700 riders participating and raising funds for the UNC Kidney Center.
* Location: Harris Lake County Park, 2112 County Park Dr., New Hill, NC 27562
* Ham Coordinator: John Stone (K3RHJ)
* Website: Raven Rock Ramble
* TO VOLUNTEER, CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW AND REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR T-SHIRT SIZE IN THE COMMENTS
2019 Bike MS: Historic New Bern Ride
September 7-8, 2019 - Saturday and Sunday - New Bern, NC
The event features 30, 50, 75 and 100 mile rides each day, requiring SAGS, staff Shadows and Rest Stop Hams. The event benefits the National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society and typically draws about 2000 riders.
This year's ride is especially important to support, as New Bern is rebuilding following the hurricane. If you're interested in helping, please sign up early.
* Location: TBD, typically Union Point Park, 210 E Front St, New Bern, NC 28560
* Ham Coordinator: Brian Young (KA9QJT) for Triangle-area Hams, collaborating w/Bruce (KS8L) of New Bern
* Website: Bike MS New Bern Sign Up Genius page will be available later
* Facebook (Optional): Bike MS Ham Radio Support group
* Do consider making hotel arrangements now and expand your search to nearby cities.
The most versatile pieces of equipment for working as a ham volunteer during public service events are as follows:
* Dual band (144/440) 25 watt (min) mobile transceiver
* A 1/2-5/8 wave well grounded dual band mobile antenna
EXTRAS THAT ARE HELPFUL
* Dual Band (144/440) hand held transceiver
* Extra set of charged batteries
* Ear phones & speaker mic or boom mic/headphone set
* Higher gain antenna than the supplied rubber duck. For example Comet BN-24 or SMA-24 or Diamond RHF40 or SRH77CA. There are also many other hi-gain HT antennas available.