Thanks for another great RARSfest.
230+ Flea Market Tables Completely SOLD OUT!
WELCOME TO THE 2019 HAM PUBLIC SERVICE EVENT SIGNUP PAGE.
To sign up, click on the Sign Up button that follows each description.
THE 2019 LIST OF PUBLIC SERVICE EVENTS WILL BE POSTED AS CONFIRMED.
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.
Events you can signup for now:
2019 Firecracker 100K and 50K Ride
July 4, 2019 - Thursday - Holly Springs, NC
This is a 32 and 62 mile bike event that requires SAGS, as well as Hams assigned to Rest Stops. This event benefits the Greater Carolinas' Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society and typically has 800+ riders.
* Location: Carolina Brewing Company, 140 Thomas Mill Rd., Holly Springs, NC 27544
* Ham Coordinator: John Stone (K3RHJ)
* Website: The 27th Annual July 4th Firecracker Ride
* TO VOLUNTEER, CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW
2019 Bike MS: Historic New Bern Ride
September 7-8, 2019 - Saturday and Sunday - New Bern, NC
The event features 30, 50, 75 and 100 mile rides each day, requiring SAGS, staff Shadows and Rest Stop Hams. The event benefits the National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society and typically draws about 2000 riders.
This year's ride is especially important to support, as New Bern is rebuilding following the hurricane. If you're interested in helping, please sign up early.
* Location: TBD, typically Union Point Park, 210 E Front St, New Bern, NC 28560
* Ham Coordinator: Brian Young (KA9QJT) for Triangle-area Hams, collaborating w/Bruce (KS8L) of New Bern
* Website: Bike MS New Bern Sign Up Genius page will be available later
* Facebook (Optional): Bike MS Ham Radio Support group
* Do consider making hotel arrangements now and expand your search to nearby cities.
The most versatile pieces of equipment for working as a ham volunteer during public service events are as follows:
* Dual band (144/440) 25 watt (min) mobile transceiver
* A 1/2-5/8 wave well grounded dual band mobile antenna
EXTRAS THAT ARE HELPFUL
* Dual Band (144/440) hand held transceiver
* Extra set of charged batteries
* Ear phones & speaker mic or boom mic/headphone set
* Higher gain antenna than the supplied rubber duck. For example Comet BN-24 or SMA-24 or Diamond RHF40 or SRH77CA. There are also many other hi-gain HT antennas available.