North Carolina QSO Party
2017 results are posted!!
Carolina Weekend Most Counties Worked, In-State Op.
John Getz, AD8J, of Asheville, NC is the “In-State” winner of the MOST COUNTIES WORKED IN THE CAROLINA WEEKEND (NC/SC QSO Parties jointly.) John racked up a total of 99 counties, 66 for NC and 33 for SC, from both Saturday and Sunday. Larry Van Horn, N5FPW, made it a photo finish also working 33 for SC but just 2 short of John's NC tally.
Congratulations, John, you're the winner of a gift certificate from King's BBQ in Kinston, NC. You can have them ship it to you or bring a crowd to their restaurant in person if you're ever in Lenoir County. I have personally eaten there and the BBQ (and everything else) is top notch!
2017 “25 QSOs” Drawing Prize Winner
Dear Ray Myers, WB0PYF,
On behalf of the NCQP and SCQP Committees, it's my pleasure to congratulate you on having been selected as the winner of the 2017 Carolina Weekend "25 QSOs" participation award. You have won a $60 gift certificate to use to purchase any products from The Wireman Inc. https://www.thewireman.com/ Attached is your $60 gift certificate. Please note that the expiration date is 7/23/17, so please visit the website ASAP and place your order...
Thanks for making at least 25 QSOs in both of the QSO Parties (NCQP and SCQP).
We look forward to your participation in the 2018 Carolina Weekend!
Dave Edmonds, WN4AFP
SCQP Team Leader
2017 “Worked Most Carolina Counties” Winner (Out of Carolina)
Mark Wilson, K1RO,
I want to congratulate you for being our 2017 Carolina Weekend "Most Carolina Counties Worked" out of state Winner with 134 of 146 counties worked!
You are the recipient of a $75 gift certificate to order some amazing BBQ from Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ in Columbia, SC. I would suggest a "Taste of the Carolina" dinner for two. The gift certificate will allow you to choose what you'd like for dinner.
Please send me your mailing address and I have the gift certificate to you.
Thanks for participating in the 2017 Carolina Weekend.
73s Dave WN4AFP SCQP
February 25, 2018 - Stay tuned for updates!
Sponsored by the Raleigh Amateur Radio Society
Enjoy The Carolina Weekend Again!
Febuary 24-25 2018
Quick Start Guide
- Stations in NC contact as many other stations as possible.
- Stations outside NC contact as many NC stations as possible.
- Bonus stations and counties to be announced
County abbreviation list here.
- NC stations work out-of-state contacts one time per band and mode. Others outside of NC work in-state contacts once per county, band and mode. (You may work a station on 20CW and again on 40CW, for example.)
- Club, Expedition and Mobile operations are allowed (and encouraged!). There are separate categories for QRP, Low, and HIgh power.
- 2017 results are posted on the Results page. Thanks again to everyone for making the 2017 NCQP a fantastic event!
- 3 videos have been posted documenting Marty Young's (W4MY) terrific overview presentation of the NCQP to the South Wake Amateur Radio Club. This very informative presentation can be viewed in 3 parts at the following links:
NC QSO Party on Facebook and Twitter
- That's right, the QSO Party is now on Facebook and Twitter . We'd love to see pictures or accounts of your prior operations and upcoming contest plans.
Battleship North Carolina
- One of our perennial bonus stations is NI4BK. Ever wonder what it's like to operate from the Battleship North Carolina? Here's a link you might enjoy: Operating from Battleship North Carolina NI4BK
NCQP Mailing List
- For the latest updates on the contest, as well as discussions of upcoming operations, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ncqsoparty. You may also join via email. Just send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
- Most current logging software has at least a generic "QSO Party" mode. Check out our list of logging programs we know support NCQP. Also, in order to facilitate log checking, please use the NC County and Multiplier list in your logs. Most counties use the first three letters of the county name, but there are some which overlap.